Have you wonder why do restaurants’ meat and poultry are always so tender and easy to chew? The secret is that they tenderise their meat and poultry beforehand. Some will use powdered/liquid tenderiser (made from papaya or pineapple) and some use a meat tenderiser. By doing so, it breaks down the connective tissue to make the meat thinner and flatter (not with the powdered/liquid tenderiser).
This easy-to-use OXO Good Grips bladed meat tenderiser improves the taste and tenderness of meat and reduces cooking time in the process. It is small and compact (5 cm x 6 cm x 10.5 cm). It comes with 50 sharp blades and a contoured shape top with non-slip grip. There is a switch to lock the blades for safety and storage. It comes with a clear base and straight edges to make it easy to see where the blades are as you use it. This tool comes apart for easy cleaning and is top-rack dishwasher safe but it can be tricky to get between the blades if handwashing.
The sharp blades will create small pockets for locking in the flavour of the marinade, making the meat and poultry tastier and promotes uniform cooking. Do remember that you should never over tenderise your poultry or pound on premium cuts, dry aged steaks.
Click to read other OXO Good Grips’ review:
- OXO Good Grips Spatula
- OXO Good Grips SteeL POP Containers
- OXO Good Grips Berry Set
- OXO Good Grips Batter Dispenser & Ice cream scoop
- OXO Good Grips Turner
- OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer
- OXO Good Grips Poultry Shears and Julienne Peeler
- OXO Good Grips 3 in 1 Eggs Separator
- OXO Good Grips 3 piece large bowl & colander set, mandoline slicer and 9” tongs with silicon heads
- OXO Good Grips non-stick rolling pin
- OXO Good Grips bakers 8 piece silicone decorating set, compact food scale and measuring spoon set
- OXO Good Grips Mixed Bowl
- OXO Good Grips Fruit Scoops
- OXO Good Grips Cupcake corer, icing knife and duster’s wand
- OXO Good Grips Little Salad Shaker and Herb Mincer
- OXO Good Grips Cherry/Olive Pitter
OXO Good Grips bladed meat tenderiser is available to buy online, Amazon and many good stores. Now OXO Good Grips is giving a bladed meat tenderiser worth £16 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 7 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to OXO Good Grips, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from OXO Good Grips.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 04/04/2015 12 am – 04/05/2015 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We have received the sample to do an honest review.