Can you believe it is April already? This is my fourth challenge as a Bostik Blogger and this month’s theme is Ocean. I have received a crafting box packed with seashells, sand coloured paint and many more. So my children decided to make an ocean puppet play box.
Both of my children love to make-believe and pretend play and they were so excited when they were making it. This craft took us around two days to make but much of that was to allow the paint on the cardboard to dry.
To make this activity, you will need:
- Cardboard box
- Coloured paper/card
- Blu Tack Original
- Blu Tack Blu Stick
- Ocean themed stickers, seashells and sponge
- Ice cream sticks
- Felt pens
- Fabric for the curtain
- Paint the cardboard box blue in colour and allow it to dry for at least 4 hours.
- While waiting for the cardboard to dry, make your puppets. We decided to make our puppets using ice cream sticks and stick foam stickers.
- Cut out the seaweed using green coloured paper.
- Use the sand coloured paint to paint on the blue paper.
- Using the Blu Stick to stick all the decorations.
- Use the Blu Tack to stick the sea shells onto the blue paper.
- Draw a mermaid onto the paper and cut it out.
- Cut the fabric to the right size to cover your box.
Both my children, especially my daughter enjoyed staging her own mermaid love story puppet show. What a great way to get them involved in story telling! They both made us sit in front of their play box while they made improvised different ocean stories!
This is our first time using the Blu Stick. The glue is blu in colour and when it dries, it will turn colourless. I think this is a great idea so that you are able to see where you put your glue on the paper compared to other glues which may not be so discernible.
We also received the Blu Tack Original which is easy to use and sticks very well.
We are already looking forward to next months challenge!
Disclosure: We have received a seasonal crafting box from Bostik as part of the Tots/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club. Contains affiliate links.