It is almost the time of the year to show off your flipping skills as Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday) is fast approaching. Shrove Tuesday is the day preceding Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. In the UK, traditionally people eat pancakes on that day hence it is called Pancake Day.
- 100g sifted plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Butter for frying
- Mix the flour, salt, eggs, sunflower oil and 50ml of milk together in a large mixing bowl. Beat until you have a smooth and thick paste.
- Gradually add the remaining milk until the batter is the consistency of thick single cream.
- Whisk energetically to get air into the batter. Leave for 30 minutes covered with a tea towel. This allows the flour starch to swell.
- Heat your pan for two to three minutes, then add the butter.
- Once melted, add two tablespoons of your batter mix. Swirl and flip.
To save my batter from dripping everywhere, I used the OXO Good Grips Batter Dispenser to give me a perfect amount of batter. Pour the batter into the top and close the lid. I love the large opening top which makes it easy to pour the batter in. It also come with a snap-on base that sits the dispenser neatly and securely. I can’t fault it! I love how there are no drips or mess except a little on the snap-on base. It is easy to clean too. We had also used it to dispense cupcake mixture, cream, other batters. Any extra batter can be stored in the refrigerator in the dispenser!
Once cooked, I used the OXO Good GripsFlip & Fold Turner to flip the pancake. Read my review here. Each time, you get a perfect flip! It is one of our best kitchen gadgets and we would highly recommend them!
Once cooked, serve it with your any preferred topping, e.g. lemon juice, sugar, ice cream, fruits, honey, chocolate spread etc. This is my chocolate monster son with his pancake! He can’t wait to tuck in and eat it.
These are my mini pancakes using my mini pan to cook. I drizzled it with cream and a drop of ice cream using the OXO beak ice cream scoop. It has a thin tip that breaks into hard ice cream. It rolls perfect scoops each time and the ejector button releases the ice cream easily. Love a perfect scoop!
Disclosure: We have received the products to do an honest review.