This recipe is for Red Tractor #RTChallenge.
This is my sixth recipe using Red Tractor Assured ingredients they provided. Do check out the rest of my other recipes like salad with couscous, homemade pizza, rhubarb crumble, Chinese almond cookies and Chinese ABC soup!
Gressingham Duck is a family business founded in 1971 who produce the unique breed renowned for its superior taste and higher percentage of breast meat, based in beautiful East Anglia. Red Tractor had kindly sent me the hamper with a packet of Gressingham duck breasts to cook for Mr C and me.
Gressingham Duck (coat the skin with plain flour and salt)
- 3 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon Clarks maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato puree
- Orange zest
- Heat up the griddle and place the duck skin on it for 10 minutes or until it browns.
- Turn over the duck to cook for a further 5 minutes. Try not to overcook it. It should be slightly red/pink.
- Dress it with your favourite salad and chips.
As for the chips, I had cut some potatoes out into chunks and boiled it in water. After 5 minutes, I drained the chips and added rapeseed oil and sprinkled with OXO Garlic & Herb to coat the chips. I then placed them in my Philips Airfryer for 20 minutes at 160°C, but taking out halfway through to give a good shake to ensure they cooked evenly.
If you are interested in the griddle, do click and read my review.
Disclosure: We have received the hamper to do this challenge.