This post is part of a BritMums project with OXO Shake & Flavour. Shake & Flavour seasoning granules can be sprinkled into food during cooking or before serving. Find out more about the Shake & Flavour varieties.
Occasionally I have to cook three to four individual meals for my family. I am the only one who eats hot and spicy food while the rest don’t. Ms C is very picky and fussy! She only likes plain food with a limited selection of vegetables. Mr C and Mr K loves their meats, particularly a nice roast.
I am lucky to be picked to test out a range of OXO Shake & Flavours. I see these as being a great time saver in cooking individual meals!
So today, I spent about 1.5 hours to make all these dishes for my family. It took so long because it took 1 hour 15 minutes to bake the potatoes. Mr C and I enjoyed our duck dish with garlic & herb chips while both kids had jacket potatoes with a twist of Italian and tikka belly pork kebab! All washed down with a delicious home-made lemon barley!
OXO Garlic & Herb Chip
- 3 – 4 potatoes (Cut into chunks)
- OXO Garlic & Herb
- Rapeseed oil
- Boil the chips in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the chips and add rapeseed oil then sprinkle with OXO Garlic & Herb to coat the chips.
- Fry or oven bake. I place them in my Philips Airfryer for 20 minutes at 160°C. However you choose to cook it, I’d recommend taking out halfway through to give a good shake to ensure they cook evenly.
- 3 – 4 potatoes
- OXO Italian seasoning granules
- Grated cheese
- Place the washed and pricked potatoes in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes at 160°C.
- Once cooked, take out and add butter.
- Sprinkle with cheese and OXO Italian seasoning granules.
- Serve with salad.
- 2 – 4 belly pork (cut into chunks)
- OXO Tikka seasoning granules
- Pepper (cut into chunks)
- Onion (cut into chunk)
- Season the belly pork with OXO Tikka seasoning granules.
- Skewer the belly pork, peppers and onions.
- Heat up the griddle and place the skewers on until brown.
- Place the griddle into the oven 160°c for another 5 minutes to make sure they are well cooked.
I love the depth of flavour the OXO seasoning adds to the food. There are so many varieties to choose from, it gives versatility to everyday family meals. Simply shake in directly while cooking or sprinkle onto the food just before serving!
Homemade Lemon Barley
- Quick Barley & Pearl Barley (can be found in Chinese supermarket)
- Slice of lemon
- Rock sugar (can be found in Chinese supermarket)
- Place about a ½ cup of Quick Barley & ½ cup Pearl Barley into a pot with 4 cups of water.
- Once boiled, put in some rock sugar (adjust amount according to taste).
- Slice a few pieces of lemon and place it in the pot.
- Serve it while hot or cold.
OXO Shake & Flavour is a handy shaker pack is filled with fine seasoning granules that can either be sprinkled into food before or during the cooking process or added as a finishing touch before serving. Their products are MSG free. Flavour Variants: Chicken, Beef, Garlic and Herb, Tikka, Chinese Style, Southern Fried (available in all supermarkets) and Italian (ASDA only).
Thanks to Britmums and OXO for this opportunity to try them out and help us to cook a delicious meal!