This recipe is for Red Tractor #RTChallenge. Last month, I took part in Red Tractor’s blogger challenge. The challenge is in two parts, the first is to create three recipes using the hamper full of delicious Red Tractor Assured ingredients they provide. The second is to try and only eat Red Tractor Assured ingredients for a week and blog about my experience.
Red Tractor is a food assurance scheme which covers production standards developed by experts on safety, hygiene, animal welfare and the environment amongst other things. The Red Tractor logo on pack means your food or drink has met these responsible production standards and is fully traceable back to independently inspected farms in the UK.
You’ll find the Red Tractor logo on a huge range of products, from meat, poultry, fruit, vegetables and dairy products to flour, sugar and even beer. Do look out for it in all the major supermarkets, on hundreds of your favourite brands and on a growing number of restaurant menus. When you know where to look, it’s easier than ever to find Red Tractor food and drink. The logo will appear in a variety of positions. It could be on the front, back or side of the pack.
This Chinese ABC soup is a common dish in Singapore as it is so simple to cook and is delicious. On a Chinese family dining table, we usually serve rice, soup, a dish of meat and a dish of vegetables. This clear soup is naturally sweet and will definitely go down well with children too!
- 700 g Pork ribs
- 4 – 5 carrots, in chunks
- 4 – 5 radish, in chunks
- 4 – 5 potatoes, in chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- Goji berries, optional
- Place the pork ribs into a big pot and boil for 5 minutes. Then tip away the water. This is to get rid of the excess fat/oil.
- Add 3 litres of water or fill it to cover the pork ribs. Boil for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and radish and boil for a further 20 minutes.
- Add the onion and turn off the fire/gas once the meat is tender.
- Add goji berries if you have some and salt and pepper to taste.
Look out for the next food post for more #RTChallenge!
Disclosure: We have received the hamper to do this challenge.