This recipe is for Red Tractor #RTChallenge.This is my seventh recipe, Chinese Spice Chicken Wings, and my last post for using Red Tractor Assured ingredients they provided. Do check out the rest of my other recipes like Gressingham Duck with an oriental twist, salad with couscous, homemade pizza, rhubarb crumble, Chinese almond cookies and Chinese ABC soup!
Thanks to Red Tractor for organising this challenge and for raising awareness about what the Red Tractor means. Thanks to Gressingham Duck (supplied the Red Tractor Assured Duck), Aldi (supplied the Red Tractor Assured lamb and beef), The Co-operative (supplied the Red Tractor Assured Pork), Tesco (supplied the Red Tractor Assured steak), Morrisons (supplied the Red Tractor Assured dairy products) and Westin Gourmet (supplied the Red Tractor Assured Chicken breasts). I am pleased to share the following discount codes from Westin Gourmet. Simply enter these during checkout of your orders (valid on orders £20 or more and only one code may be used per order):
- £10 off your first Westin Gourmet order: REDTRACTOR
- 4 X Tractor Chicken Fillets for £10.75 FREE: RTCHICK
To cook this Chinese Spice Chicken Wings, you need:
Chicken wings 800g, tips removed, cut into two for easier eating
- 4 tablespoon Clarks maple syrup/runny honey
- 3 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 tablespoon Chinese spice (powdered)
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the chicken wings in a ziplock bag or container. Leave to marinate for up to 24 hours or just pour the marinade straight over.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Cook for 20 minutes then flip the wings over and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Disclosure: We have received the hamper to do this challenge.