Mad Libs is a popular phrasal template word game created in 1958. This game is where one player prompts others for a list of words to substitute for blanks in a story, before reading the comical or nonsensical story aloud. It is a fun and nonsense party game that captures all the unexpected silliness. It is available to buy from Esdevium store finder.
This game is for three to eight players and is suitable for ages 10 and above. We played it with young children and they were able to play along with minimal help from the adults. This is in fact a very fun family game to play with children. In addition to it being fun, we were able to pick up new words and learn adverbs, verbs, nouns and adjectives to increase our knowledge of the English language.
The game includes 200 Words cards and 42 Sentence cards. To play this game, you need to deal seven cards to each player and place the Sentence cards in the middle of the table. Reveal a Sentence card and players will choose Word cards from their hands to fill in all the blanks in the sentence.
To win, you will need to get the most votes for your hilarious sentences! We all had so much fun by creating the most nonsensical sentences! The children came up with many wacky ideas too!
This is a great game that children will love to play over and over again. You won’t get bored of it as there are so many ways to create some wonderfully silly sentences. I would definitely recommend it!
Now Esdevium Games Ltd is giving this Mad Libs worth £14.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games Ltd, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games Ltd.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 10/05/2016 12 am – 10/06/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own.