Last month, I was fortunate to win two places to attend Sacla cookery school at their headquarters. So Mr C and I took over 3 hours to drive down to Buckinghamshire! This was their first time hosting the cookery school and once we arrived, we were joined with other competition winners.
We were very fortunate to learn Italian cooking from one of Sacla’s appointed chefs, Valerio Mazzei. Firstly, we learnt how to make fresh pasta from scratch. Mr C was having fun rolling his dough. It was such a hard work just to get the perfect consistency of the pasta! Mr C had to keep rolling and rolling until his fingers can be seen under the pasta. Hard work did pay off as the pasta was superb! Simple boil the pasta in boiling water with a good pinch of salt and top it with Truffle Pesto! It was delicious!
We also learnt how to make simple cocktail to impress our guests using Galvanina! This is our first time trying the drink and we are very impressed with it. They are very refreshing, fruity, sharp and delicious to drink.
Since the cookery lesson, I have baked my own Aubergine Parmigiana and I totally love it! Now I am going to show you how easy to make one! It is a great dish to serve for dinner and suitable for vegetarians. This recipe is shared from Chef Valerio Mazzei and will serve 4 – 6 persons.
- 2 Aubergines (slice into 2 cm thick)
- 1 Jar of Sacla Whole-Cherry Tomato Parmesan
- 1 packet of Galbani Mozzarella – Maxi (slice)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Deep fry aubergines until they are soft or air fry it for 8 minutes at 200°
- Place the ingredients as follows into an oven dish: aubergine, a spoon of Sacla sauce, mozzarella and basil. Keep repeating this until you reach the side of the dish and start a new row.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan on top.
- Bake it for 10 – 15 minutes at 180°
This is such a simple dish to make. Both Mr C and I love it and would definitely cook it again. Thanks to Sacla for organizing this competition.
Disclosure: We have won the competition and were not asked to blog about it. We have received the sauce in our goody bag to cook this dish.