This is a recipe from One Day One Dish book by SeaShore publishers which I bought when we were in Singapore. In the book, the recipe is called Chocolate Rice Sprinkle but instead I replaced the chocolate rice with Hundreds and Thousands.
- 150g butter (softened and diced)
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 200g plain flour (sifted)
- 50g corn flour (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- A bottle of Hundreds and Thousands
- Mix the butter and icing sugar until it becomes creamy. Then add in egg yolk.
- Mix the plain flour, corn flour and cocoa powder together in a clean bowl.
- Fold the flour into the mixture until it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into balls (I made about 18 balls, if you have a smaller cupcake case, then roll it smaller and adjust your own baking time.
- Cover the dough balls with Hundreds and Thousands and place them in cupcake cases.
- Place kitchen foil on top of the tray filled with dough’s cupcake cases to prevent them from burning or melting.
- Bake it for 170°c for 15 minutes.
The mini cake texture is like a truffle. It is very dense and rich inside. Outside the cake is quite crisp. They are great for party snack as they are easy to make and kids would love it!
Disclosure: We have received the Arthur Price My Deli Slate for display. They are available to buy online or good retailer shops.