This is my first challenge as a Bostik Blogger and looking through the crafting box, I decided to make a Chinese New Year Paper Plate Drum as part of the Chinese New Year theme.
- Red paper plate (plastic plate is preferred)
- 3 lollipop sticks
- Plastic beads
- Ang pow / red envelope (preferably with a Chinese character on it)
- Blu Tack Foam Pads
- Blu Tack Glu Dots
- Stapler/hole puncher
- Stick the ang pow in the middle of the paper plate using Blu Tack Glu Dots to secure it.
- Cut two pieces of string about 22 cm long and thread the beads onto the string. Tie a knot on both ends to secure them. Either staple the string on both sides or thread it through the hole if a hole puncher was used.
- Use the Glu Dots and Foam Pads on the lollipop sticks as shown. I used three lollipop sticks to provide extra support as the paper plate is quite flimsy.
- You drum is ready to use! Let’s make some noise!
This is my first time using Blu Tack Foam Pads and Glu Dots and I love these. They stick very well and are easy to use on crafts. The foam pads are small yet very sticky. They are great if you want to make 3D crafts. They had the right thickness for it.
Hope you enjoy this simple craft. Do check out the rest of my Chinese New Year crafts too like making a fire cracker, fans, lanterns, paper plate sheep, learning the Chinese zodiac etc.
Disclosure: We have received a seasonal crafting box from Bostik as part of the Tots/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club.