I love making my own bread as they always smell so nice. So today, Mr K and I decided to make Sundried Tomatoes Italian bread using Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 7 g easy use yeast sachet
- Sea salt
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 50 g sundried tomatoes
- 50 ml olive oil
- 175 ml warm water
- 350 g strong white bread flour
Previously, I had baked Rosemary Focaccia Italian Bread with Piquanté Peppers, so I use replace the rosemary and Piquanté Peppers with sundried tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix all the sifted flour, yeast and salt together and add warm water and olive oil to knead a dough for 10 minutes or until smooth. Then add the chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Cover the dough and let it stand in a warm place for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Take it out and knead again on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to a circle shape.
- Cover it with a damp tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for a further 30 minutes.
- Brush the surface with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes in a preheated fan oven of 180 °C.
- Serve with Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
This recipe is very easy to make but it take a long time to prepare. This will definitely go well with party food.
Do check out my Oriental Mango dressing.