Having bought too much strong white bread flour and having some leftover rosemary, I decided to make Rosemary Focaccia Italian Bread. I also added chopped piquanté peppers on top as I had won 6 jars and I in need to use them up!
- 7 g easy use yeast sachet
- Sea salt
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 chopped small red peppers
- 30 g finely chopped rosemary
- 50 ml olive oil
- 175 ml warm water
- 350 g strong white bread flour
I was provided the list of ingredients by a Singaporean friend.
- In a large bowl, mix all the sifted flour, yeast and salt together and add warm water and olive oil to knead a dough for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it stand in a warm place for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Take it out and knead again on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to a circle shape.
- Cover it with a damp tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for a further 30 minutes.
- Use fingertips to make dimples on the surface. I then added the chopped pepper into the dimples.
- Brush the surface with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes in a preheated fan oven of 180 °C.