This week, I have been quite busy making Valentines Day things with my kids and I came across a video post on facebook to make a rose bun.
1. Add yeast to warm water. (If it easy bake yeast, mix it in together with the flour)
2. Then add sugar
3. Stir well and add food colouring. I added 2 tablespoon but this is depending on your preference. Please note: I had added red food colouring in one of the batches and it turned out purple. So I used a pink food colouring. Mix it with flour.
4. Cover it with kitchen cloth and leave it to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Cut into small balls and roll them into circle shapes.
6. Place 5 circle shapes so that they overlap and roll them. Start from smaller circle shape to the biggest circle. This photo is not great at showing it!
This is the same method of making Chinese savoury buns but without adding food colouring and make it into a rose. I am not an expert as I am still learning. This is supposed to make a bigger rose than this mini one. If you are able to roll it into a larger circle, your rose will definitely look bigger than mine!
Hope you like this!