Have you heard about a chocolate containing probiotic? I had not until I found Ohso probiotic chocolate through Twitter. It is the probiotic that interest me in their chocolate. So I asked the lovely company to send me some for reviewing.
These are the few facts you might like to know:
- Probiotics promote healthy gastrointestinal functions that help to nourish the body.
- Dark chocolate is a natural product which contains antioxidants to help strengthen your body’s own natural defences.
- Ohso chocolate is 3x more effective than most probiotic milk drinks at delivering around a billion good bacteria to your intestine.
- Ohso chocolate is cholesterol, gluten and wheat free with no added dairy.
- Ohso chocolate contains only 72 calories per bar.
There are reported health benefits to normal dark chocolate and with Ohso’s added probiotic, I think this is a great product!
It is quite small in size, about 6.6 cm by 3.3 cm. The chocolate was wrapped in a clear plastic with a paper wrapper on the top. I love how it’s divided into petite chunks. It makes eating chocolate more interesting! It looks like a sophisticated and posh bar of chocolate.As with all dark chocolates, Ohso chocolate has a mild bitter taste. There’s an old Chinese proverb — 苦口良藥 — which means: “good medicine tastes bitter”. It’s not medicinal in flavour in anyway, which is surprising considering there is over a billion friendly bacteria. In fact the 53% cocoa Belgian chocolate tastes really good.
I rate it 4.5 stars out of 5. It is smooth, rich and delicious. It costs £3.99 for 7 bars of chocolate. It is quite pricey but I having been drinking probiotic drinks daily and in comparison, 7 bottles of Yakult costs me £2.75 to buy in Tesco. Just extra £1.24, I get chocolate which is more effective than probiotic drinks! Also I can eat it on the move, carry it out and about and share it with my family! I would not be able to do this for a probiotic drink which needs to be stored in the fridge. If you’d like to find out more, please visit: www.ohsolovesyourtummy.com Use this code to get your first week’s pack for free & second weeks pack for half price: ohsohealthychoc
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.