The highly anticipated What’s that Smell is a brand new fragrant-guessing party game from WowWee, that opens up a world of interesting whiffs. There are over 50+ smells from sweet to stinky smells for players to guess. This is a party game where a strong sense of smell can make you a winner. The game is for aged 14 and above, to play with two to six players or in teams.
This game can be played with or without the app. To add more visual fun, you can download the free iOS or Android What’s That Smell? companion app to track the number of players and sniffing time, earn extra bonus points by comparing guesses with other people who played the game, and record the priceless Whiff Of Shame. The app also provides Stank Card filters and a “don’t-miss-a-revolting-second” slow-motion effect to help capture every second of the memorable reactions.
I didn’t download the app and just played it along with friends and children. The children’s reactions were priceless. In fact, from just me opening the box, I managed to send them all running for cover and only the brave stayed!
This game is so easy to play and set up. There are 48 Mystery Whiff Cards, four Stank Cards and scent-barrier bags, six cardholders, a sheet of Whiff Strips, score pad and instructions. Gather the players and give each player a cardholder, a scorecard and a whiff strip.
When ready, pick a Mystery Whiff Card from the pile, unfold the first panel and insert the card in your cardholder so that the smell zone is visible but the answer is not. Try to look after your Whiff Card by not scratching the card to release too much of the scent. You’re supposed to use the whiff strip to brush along the scent and give a good sniff. However, we found smelling it directly from the Whiff Card worked just as well. Most of the scents are not very pleasant! Try not to play this game after food! Guessing the smell right will land you a good five points!
There are six smell categories: Tutty Fruity, Sweet Stuff, Spice it Up, Blooming Fresh, All Things Chemical and Just Plain Stinky. Guessing the right category will score you three points.
To earn the last point, share your funniest memory or association of what the smell triggers. This game is very easy to play and most of the time, it can end up getting a lot of laughter! The Whiff Of Shame is the worst. There are four outrageously pungent Stank Cards: Extra Old Toe Cheese, Diaper Blowout, Hot Chunky Vomit, and Smothered in B.O. for the winner to pick and give it to the loser to sniff. So make sure, you either win the game or the winner likes you so he/she doesn’t pick you to smell it!
I can see the challenge in this game but it’s not my usual type of game. It is unique and it will be suitable for teenagers or as a party game. It is available to buy now in Smyths, Argos, Amazon.co.uk and good toy retailers. For more information, please visit https://whatsthatsmell.wowwee.com
Now WowWee is giving this What’s that Smell game to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Wire PR, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Wire PR.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 16/10/2018 12 am – 18/11/2018 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own. We have included Amazon affiliate link to the product. If you click on this and buy, we may earn a small commission. Image used with permission.