Fish Pie is one of Mr K’s favourite meals and he was thrilled to learn he could even make his own fish pie! This is an easy fish pie recipe that does not require many ingredients. This is because we are using Schwartz Fish Pie sauce. This quick and easy pour over sauce comes with everything we need for the fish. It is a thick and creamy sauce with white wine, parsley and lemon that is enough for 4 servings.
Before we baked the fish pie, I cooked the carrot and potatoes to make a mash. Boil the carrot and potato until it is soft to mash. Then add milk, butter, cheddar cheese and pepper into the mash. Set it aside to cool down. Once it is cold, place the mash into a piping bag with a star nozzle to pipe the mash.
Now to bake this yummy fish pie, you will need:
- 1 Pack Schwartz Fish Pie Sauce
- 325g mixed fish, cubed
- 375g mashed carrot & potato
- Preheat the oven accordingly to your needs. We are making six individual fish pies hence the temperature is set to 180°c.
- Place the mixed fish in an ovenproof dish, pour over the sauce and mix well.
- You can either spread the mashed potato or pipe the mash onto the top of the fish.
- Cook for 20 minutes – 45 minutes (depending on the size of the ovenproof dish you use) or until fish is cooked through and potato is golden.
- Serve immediately with green vegetables.
This dish went down a storm! Everyone loved it. It is so easy to bake and very delicious. The sauce is creamy, delicious and easy to eat.
Our little chef Mr K is also very pleased to show you his cooking skills! Watch how he made it! https://youtu.be/_6i8-B-x4ME
For other quick and easy recipes, pop by the Schwartz website to find more!
Disclosure: This is a collaboration post.