Recently, I have received a packet of Star Hero Foam Stickers from Baker Ross. I decided to make it into a story board and encourage my children to perform their own storytelling. This storytelling board encourages your child to use their imagination and creativity.
Before I handed the foam stickers and card over to my children, I explained to them how this Super Hero Story Telling worked. The black card is like their story board and they can be as creative as they want by using the foam.
- Black A4 size cards (Fold into two/three)
- Foam stickers’ (super heroes and aliens, both from Baker Ross)
- White or light coloured pen
- Each fold represents a scene. So before you start sticking your scenario, you must have a main superhero, a monster/bad guy, then a place and time.
- Select your superhero from the pile of foam and a monster.
- Start sticking them onto your card into 3 different places to create the story.
I made this short story board as an example for my children to follow. I have set the scene at night (there is a moon in the background) with a super girl in a city. The next scene was that she spotted a monster and she quickly flew up to the sky. In the third scene, she crashed into something. So by creating an open ending at the end, I could make up a different scenario every time.
These are what my children have made. They have created their story board for their storytelling. Watch their superhero stories here!
This is a very simple 5 minute job to make and it will also help you to inspire your child to be more creative. Or you could also ask them to swap their storyboards and create new stories based on each others storyboards. I promise it will be fun!
Disclosure: We have received the sample for the purposes of writing this craft, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.