This is a very easy craft that we made during the Easter holiday break. Both of my children love fishes and so we decided to make this fish mobile to hang it in our conservatory. We spent at least 20 minutes to colour all the fishes and took me around 10 minutes to thread them into this simple yet beautiful fish mobile.
- Polystyrene fish (from Baker Ross)
- Clear strings & ribbon
- 2 paper plates
- Tape & glue
- Coloured pens
- Colour the polystyrene fishes and allow them to dry before threading them. Either add a pair of wiggle eyes or colour them black.
- Use a wooden stick to poke a hole around the fin and thread it with clear string. Then tie a knot.
- Poke holes on the paper plates and thread the fish thread into it. Secure the clear string with Sellotape.
- Poke a hole in the middle of the second paper plate and thread the ribbon through it.
- Once all the fishes are secured onto the paper plate, secure both paper plates together using the Sellotape or Washi tape.
This is our fish mobile! It is simple to make and decorates our conservatory!
Disclosure: We have received the sample to do this craft.