This is my second challenge as a Bostik Blogger and this month’s theme is Valentine’s Day. I have received a crafting box packed with hearts, jewels and red papers. I decided to make a Valentine’s Day hanging hearts decoration for my husband with my children’s help.
Before I made this, I printed out our family photo and stuck it on a firm red card before cutting a heart shape.
- Blu Tack Glitter pen
- Blu Tack Micro Dots
- A4 size red card
- Hole punch
- Strings 15cm long x3
- Heart shaped stickers, foam & decorative items
- Use the red card and cut two heart shapes.
- Then give it to your children to decorate it with glitter pen. Instead of sticking the jewels/foam using glue, we used the micro dots to stick them. It is very easy to use and very sticky! If glitter pen is used, allow it to dry before the next step.
- Use the hole punch to punch two holes on each heart near the middle and bottom.
- Punch a hole on the photo.
- Use the strings to thread it through the hole in the hearts and tie a knot.
Now they are ready to hang!
This is my first time using the micro dots and I am very impressed with its stickiness. Simply peel the plastic film and place the jewels/foam on it, pinch the side of the jewels/foam to remove it and stick it on the paper.
The glitter pens come in six colours: gold, silver, green, blue, red and dark red. When using with children, you have to be quite careful. My children managed to squeeze quite a lot of glitter glue and also remember to allow sufficient time to dry.
This decoration is also great for grandparents too. Ciao for now and I am looking forward to bringing you more crafts next month from Bostik.
Disclosure: We have received a seasonal crafting box from Bostik as part of the Tots/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club.