Last week, I blogged about how I made a book folding sheep for myself and I also bought a book for my son. He needed a lot of my help to fold the pages and took much longer. He managed to slightly tear the top of many pages and some pages are not very neat. Nevertheless, this is his book. I asked him what he wanted to make out of it and he wanted make a pig as he was born in the Year of the Pig in the Chinese lunar calendar. So I made him a book folding Peppa Pig!
- Hardback book
- A4 size Pink foam (for ears, hands and cheek)
- Black & white paper (for eyes)
- Pink and dark pink paint
- Paint brushes
- Small pink paper cup
- Blu Tack glue dot
- Pink pipe cleaner
- I skipped at least 20 pages before I made the first fold. Fold the corner down as shown.
- Next, fold it back like this. Keep folding the rest of the pages in the same way. Avoid folding the last few pages. The more pages you fold, the more difficult it becomes.
- Draw two big circles on the white paper and small circle on the black paper. Cut it out and use glue dots to stick the eyes together.
- Use the pink foam for the ears, hands and cheeks as shown. Twist the pipe cleaner to make its tail.
- For the nose, slightly flatten the paper cup and cut a V shape. Paint the bottom of the paper cut pink. Let it to dry for 2 hours. Then use dark pink to paint the nostrils. Once dried, stick it in the middle of the book.
So this is our book folding Peppa Pig. This is great for display on the window sill or for any Peppa Pig fans! My children love it! They love Peppa Pig!