As this coming Chinese lunar year is the Year of the Sheep, I will be sharing different types of sheep crafts with you! This is my second craft for sheep and we have used paper plates to make a sheep.
Do check out my previous Chinese New Year crafts from last year as well. I had made quite a few Hello Kitty ang pow lanterns, taught the children simple ways to learn the Chinese zodiac, did various Chinese character paper cuttings and also made a 3D Chinese “Spring” character. Click on the title Chinese Culture to check it out.
To make this paper plate sheep, you will need:
- 2 black paper plates
- 4 big white pompoms/cotton wool (for the sheep hair)
- 3 small black pompoms (for the sheep eyes and nose)
- Buttons (for the eyes, nose and mouth)
- Red ribbon with bell
- Glue and tape
- Firstly, cut one of the paper plates into half and cut out smaller semi-circles as these will be the ears.
- Glue the ears onto the back of the other paper plate.
- Glue the white pompoms on the top.
- Next stick the button and black pompoms to make the eyes and nose.
- Stick the buttons in a row to make the smiley mouth.
- Tape both ends of the ribbons on to the back of the paper plate.
This is a very simple craft that you can do with your children. Ciao for now and I will be making more Chinese New Year crafts soon!