After a long day at work, don’t you just want to have a sit down and relax? Not spending enough time with the kids? Why not grab yourself a cuppa, place a comfy stool next to the bath tub to do the bath time routine. While your kids have a bath, you can have a bit of rest and chat with them.
Bath time can be cheap and fun! But before having a bath, always ensure that all hazards are removed. Kids can sometimes be too adventurous. Remove all bottles of shampoos and conditioners away from the bathtub. Ensure that they know they should not touch the taps.
Here are a few suggestions you could use for a fun bath time:
- Plastic bottle: These are something that can be found in all household – any clean plastic bottle. Remove the plastic sleeve and poke a few holes around the bottle with a sharp knife. Kids can fill up the bottle and see how the water comes out from the holes.
- Old plastic jug/bowl or funnel: Use them to pour over the kids or if they have siblings, they could pour over each other.
- Plastic bath toys: Create a fun and interesting play environment. Throw in a couple of plastic toys like cars, soldiers, knights or maybe a Barbie! Draw a racing track on the bathtub and let them race!
- Washable bath crayons: Let them describe their day by drawing on the bath or they can even draw a little tattoo on themselves.
- Use a little of H&A Bubble bath: Let them having fun popping the bubble or maybe create a big bubbly hairdo!
- Toy Mirror: Let them have fun by looking at their funny faces cover in bubbles etc.
- Bubble machine: Not enough bubbles? Use a bubble machine to add more bubbles! Both my children love their bubble machine and this never gets old.
- Sponge: Soak the sponge and squeeze it dry, could be equally fun! At the same time get them to wash themselves too!
H&A have a range of Toddler bath time products, which includes Finding Nemo, Minnie Mouse and Thomas & Friends. There are moisturising bath bubbles and gentle shampoos, specially formulated for little ones to care for their delicate skin.
Both my children suffer from eczema and so far using these have not affected their skin condition. Just add a small amount of solution to add much excitement. Both of my children love popping the bubbles and making lots of bubbly hair styles! The smell is very refreshing too!
What are your tips on having a cheap and fun bath time?
Disclosure: We were sent a bottle of H&A Bubbly Bath to enter the competition to be one of the H&A Bathtime Fun Squad!