Experts at Goodfella’s have taken 1,000 children aged 6 – 16 kids’ suggestions and recommendations about what they like to talk about at mealtimes to create a fun guide for parents, including 10 conversation starters that are guaranteed (more or less) to get kids talking at the dinner table.
The research show that there are 31% of parents don’t know what to talk to their kids about and 58% of mums and dads admit that their kids are bored of their tired chat. My husband and I must admit that we always ask the most common but ‘boring’ question: “How was your day at school?”.
Last week, we spent some family time eating delicious Goodfella’s pepperoni pizza. These are the five question most interesting questions to ask children aged 6 to 12 year old.
- I heard you playing Justin Bieber’s new song earlier – are you and your friends all Beiliebers?
- We can’t wait to watch the new LEGO film…
- We heard that Match Attax cards are really cool – what are they all about..?
- What’s your favourite video game at the moment, we heard Skylanders is really good…
- If you could be any footballer, which one would you be?