If you love seafood like we do, then you must try out this delicious Portuguese seafood rice recipe created by 44 Foods. Did you know 44 Foods delivers fresh, seasonal, tasty food direct from the farm to your door? They promise that they pack their food with minimal waste, use sustainable packaging and also provide a fair price to the farmers and families.
44 Foods is teaching the nation to cook using fresh, seasonal and sustainable British produce and we were invited to cook along with them. I am so pleased with their fresh ingredients that come in a well-packed box. This recipe is for four people. It is a delicious dish that is big on flavour and brimming with fantastic quality white fish.
- 600g diced white fish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150g raw prawns
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2x 500ml cans of vegetable stock
- 400g Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp paprika (not smoked)
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, picked and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, wedged to serve
- Heat half the olive oil and fry the fish and prawns until just cooked. Remove and season well.
- Add the remaining oil and fry the onion, celery, garlic and red pepper for 10 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the tomatoes and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Add the rice, paprika, bay leaves, salt and pepper, stirring well. Reduce the heat to very low, cover and simmer for 20 mins until the rice is cooked but still wet and soupy (add more stock or water if not). I did not use paprika as my daughter doesn’t like the spice. Also, I had to add more water to the dish during cooking.
- Add the fish and prawns, then heat through for 5 minutes.
- Scatter with parsley and serve in bowls, with lemon wedges.
This dish took me an hour in total to prepare and cook. Normally, I tend to cook the usual Chinese meals as this is what I am comfortable cooking with. So today, I managed to learn to cook this delicious seafood rice dish for my family. This dish went down super well with my family, especially my daughter who is very fussy with food.
We are very delighted with their fresh ingredients and would recommend them to anyone. They are easy to order online, and perfect for any busy couples or families and elderly who might have mobility restrictions. By ordering with them, you are supporting independent UK food producers and they deliver nationwide.
Disclosure: We received the food sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.