Ticket To Ride is a fun strategy game that will appeal to everyone. This game is all about planning your routes to win. It is suitable for ages eight and above and can be played by 2 to 5 players. It is available to buy from Esdevium store finder or on Amazon.
This is a cross-country train adventure where players collect cards of various types of train cars that enable them to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. It consists 240 coloured train cars, 110 train car cards, 30 destination tickets, 1 summary card, 5 wooden scoring markers, instructions and of course the board which shows a map of North America train routes.
Check this tutorial to learn how to play the game:
This game requires a large table to place the board. Then each player will get their own coloured train cars, 4 train car cards and 2-3 destination tickets to begin with. The player with the most points wins and the end of the game happens when one player gets down to just 2 train cars left, then each player gets one more turn to get as many points as they can.
We played this game amongst adults and it took us a while to get to know the game. We kept referring back to the instructions to make sure we were following the rules. This game is all about strategy and planning with the available cards in your hands. If some of the routes are blocked by other players, you have to plot another route to score the points on your card. We love this game because it is fun, challenging and it’s nice to get a better sense of some of the major cities in America. I would definitely recommend it for adults and children who like strategy games.
Now Esdevium Games is giving this Ticket To Ride worth £32.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 21/07/2016 12 am – 06/09/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.