Starting from today until 14th May 2016, we are celebrating British Sandwich Week. Warburtons are challenging us to invent our ultimate sandwich recipe.
Since it is the beginning of summer and it is going to be strawberry season soon, I decided to make a strawberry cream cheese sandwich! It might seem odd to have fruit in bread but I reassure you that it tastes great. It is very fruity and a perfect summer sandwich!
In Japan, they use mayonnaise instead of using cream cheese to use it as a spread. Of course, you could do that too! Or if you fancy something a bit more quirky, you could add pepper and salad too! It might seem like a weird combination but you have to try it.
To make this strawberry Cream Cheese Sandwich, you just need three simple ingredients. I prefer to use full fat cream cheese as it gives a better flavour.
- 250g full fat cream cheese
- 90ml clear honey
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Mix the cream cheese and clear honey together. Spread it on the toasted or white bread.
- I’m not great at slicing fruits equally, so I used an egg slicer to slice the strawberries to get even width slices.
- Place the strawberries onto the bread. Slice the crusts away.
- Serve it with fresh salad.
Do check out the rest of the bloggers’ challenges on Twitter starting this week on Monday with Food Quine (@foodiequine), follow by Recipes Pantry (@recipespantry), A Glug of Oil (@GlugofOil), Mad House Family Reviews (@cherylp59), Eats Amazing (@EatsAmazing) and Dadventurer (@The_dadventurer).
Hope you have fun celebrating the British Sandwich Week!
Disclosure: We received the samples for the purposes of writing this review, however all thoughts and opinions remain our own.