Have you checked out Timeline Inventions yet? If not, I would recommend it! You can have a lot of fun learning and discovering at the same time! We definitely did! You are never too old to learn something new. We have been playing this along with General Interest Timeline to learn the list of various events that have shaped the world today!
There are five different versions of the game; Historical Events, Inventions, Music & Cinema, Science & Discoveries and General Interest. They are available from Waterstones and Amazon. It is for aged 8 and above to be played with 2 to 8 players.
The game includes 110 cards and instructions. The cards are very small with matt surfaces but it is easy to deal with. On each card, the top side includes an image and name of the card, and on the date side, it includes the image, date, name of the card and coloured background to facilitate the classification of the cards (Inventions have a blue background and General Interest is green etc.).
The game involves players placing cards that represent events or objects on one side, and the date they occurred on the other side, in a timeline. Players are dealt upwards of four cards (depending on how many players there are) which they have to keep date side down. All the players are not allowed to look at the dates; they have to guess where in the Timeline the event fits and place it there before turning it over to discover whether they were correct. If not, that card gets discarded and that player draws a new card. The winner is the person to get rid of all of their cards first.
We find this topic is quite challenging! It is really hard to guess but overall it is a great learning experience! We all had fun learning the different inventions like The Taming of Fire, The Invention of the Photocopier and many more! Overall I highly recommend these sets including Star Wars Timeline which we had reviewed previously.
Here are the sets to try out from Amazon:
Now Esdevium Games Ltd is giving this Timeline Inventions worth £12.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games Ltd, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games Ltd.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 19/02/2016 12 am – 19/03/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate links.