I have always wanted to make meringue as they only require a couple of ingredients and should be easy but I’ve always been put off by the long baking time. Now that the children are at school, I feel like I have the time to tackle it.
This is another recipe inspired from The Secret of Cookies by Gu Huixue but I have altered the recipe slightly. This is a very light Almond Meringue Cookies with a lovely light crunch.
- 100g egg white (3 eggs)
- 80g caster sugar
- 80 icing sugar
- 25g ground almond (sieved)
- ¼ vanilla essence
- Beat the egg white until foamy. Add caster sugar and icing sugar in batches, beat until the mixture stands in stiff peaks.
- Add the ground almond and stir gently.
- Spoon the mixture into piping bags. Pipe it onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes at 100°C (fan assisted, or adjust accordingly).
I am glad that my family love these cookies and they didn’t last long!