This post is an entry for BritMums ‘What’s for Dinner Tonight?’ sponsored by Schwartz.
I love finding ways to cook an easy and healthy meal for my family. Life is so busy with two children and a blog to write. I never have time to cook from scratch so I mainly rely on ready made cooking sauces.
I have not tried Schwartz products before but I had followed them on twitter @SchwartzCooking for new product and recipe ideas. Look out for their weekly Tuesday Twitter competition to win a seasonal #Schwartz goodie bag.
I was given a packet of Mediterranean Chicken Pasta and Cheesy Crumb Topping and a packet of Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken + Crispy Roast Potatoes to show you how easily it can be done.
Today, I am cooking Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken Thighs! It sounds so delicious and yummy already! The packet is split into two sections: the top is the seasoning for the roast chicken and the bottom is the seasoning for the potatoes. The instructions are on the back of the packet.
For Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken:
Schwartz 2 in 1 Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken Seasoning
1 x 1.6kg (3.5lb) whole chicken (I substituted it with 8 pieces of chicken thighs)
2 tbs oil
For Crispy Roast Potatoes:
Schwartz 2 in1 Crispy Roast Potato Seasoning
3 tbs oil
1kg (2.2lb) roasting potatoes, peeled (I prefer unpeeled)
1. Pre-heat oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Place the chicken thighs on a roasting tray.
3. Mix the oil and Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken Seasoning together and brush over the chicken thighs. Cover with foil and place into the oven.
4. After 35 minutes add the oil for the potatoes to a separate roasting tray, place in the oven to pre-heat for around 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into 5cm (2”) chunks, and par-boil for 8 minutes. Drain, return to pan and sprinkle with the Crispy Roast Potato Seasoning.
5. Carefully remove pre-heated roasting tray from the oven. Place potatoes onto it, gently shake to coat in the oil and return to the oven. Remove the foil from the chicken and cook both for a further 45 minutes, until potatoes are crispy, chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
The chicken thighs were succulent and full of flavour. The potatoes were crisp and tasty. We love it and will be using it again. I would highly recommend this. Do note that it takes at least 60-90 minutes to cook these.
Disclosure: We were given these products for participating in a competition.