Having a good chopping board is just like having a great helping hand in the kitchen! With its large and solid surface for chopping, slicing or dicing, and also attractive enough to double up as a beautiful serving board! Thanks to Oliver’s Kitchen for sending this large bamboo chopping board and garlic press for me to review.
Oliver’s Kitchen was founded by Oliver Warburton, a kitchenware brand for those that enjoy cooking at home. They are a down to earth, small family online run business, who brings you the very latest kitchen innovations to bring the best out of your home kitchen. Besides chopping boards, they also sell cheese graters, kitchen tongs, ice trays and many more.
I have received this 45 cm by 30 cm by 20mm premium 100% natural organic bamboo, which is a great size for most households! I wouldn’t want to go smaller than this size or plastic material, especially as we use it to slice a lot of vegetables and meat for a family of four! Also, it is versatile that we can use it to place a hot 28” wok on it or use it to serve party finger foods.
Bamboo is a highly sustainable plant and is naturally less porous than hardwoods, making it more resistant to harmful bacteria. The chopping board is very solid and durable. It’s definitely made to last! Even after heavy chopping, the surfaces of the cutting board still look perfect. It is not too heavy, but it does have a good weight to stay on the kitchen surface.
This cutting board has smooth round corners around the edges of the board which makes it easy to handle. Also worth noting is one side is simply smooth with ergonomically designed handles on either side, whilst the reverse has a draining channel. I love the draining channel which does a good job of collecting small amount of excess water, whereas a flat surface chopping board would have leaked over the kitchen worktop.
It is easy to rinse under the tap with warm water and soap. As this is a bamboo chopping board, you should never attempt to wash them in the dishwasher!
Next, I have the garlic press which comes with a large chamber that allows you to crush more than one clove at a time and easy to clean. I like that the stainless steel look of the press and this superb finish. It comes with smooth contours that fit in my hand. It is well made and definitely a stylish tool to add to the kitchen and is dishwasher safe.
I enjoyed using both the chopping board and garlic press. They are both irreplaceable useful tools. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking at replacing their kitchen gadgets! Please do support small business! All Oliver’s Kitchen items come with a 30-day money-back guarantee with a 1-year free replacement warranty. You can find them on: https://www.oliverskitchen.co.uk/
Now Oliver’s Kitchen is giving a large bamboo chopping board worth £24.99 and garlic press worth £24.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaway!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Oliver’s Kitchen, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Oliver’s Kitchen.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 22/03/2021 12 am – 25/04/2021 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the samples for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.