To celebrate the launch of The Great Oreo Cookie Quest (an on-pack competition and interactive cookie quest), we were invited to create a family fun-filled “cookie quest”. We chose to go on a fun sightseeing trip in Majorca! Thanks to Oreo and BritMums for this opportunity!
We have just celebrated Chinese New Year – The Year of the Dog 2018 and the celebration lasts for 15 days, which ends this Friday 3rd March 2018. Usually, CNY falls during late January or early February but it has never coincided with school half term for us. But this year was different and it just happened to fall in between the holiday period. Taking advantage of this great opportunity while both of my children were off school, all my close family members (my mother, sisters and their family) came to visit and celebrated CNY with us! They spent a week with us in UK and we all jetted off to Palma, Majorca for a family holiday!
This was our first time attempting a trip with 11 of us, which proved to be really fun and exciting! It was like a military exercise and everyone helped each other get ready. Also when you are going on a long journey, including waiting for the airplane, we always pack food and drink with us.
We all flew to Palma from Heathrow Airport and within 2.5 hours, we were transported to much warmer weather! This was our first visit to Majorca and everyone was really excited! Our first impressions was that the place was vibrant, very clean and orderly. We had lovely weather too, except it did rain on the last day while we were there. Palma is a resort city and the capital of the Spanish island of Mallorca (Majorca), in the western Mediterranean.
First, we went to visit the Pollensa Sunday market, held in Pollença, in the oldest part of the town. This market has 300 stalls where you can find food, crafts, shoes, clothes, plants and a lot more! We bought a lot of fresh fruits like big and juicy strawberries, avocados, bananas and apples!
Next to the market is Santa Maria dels Angels church. It’s a small but beautiful church that is worth checking out! It’s free to enter, but of course, donations are welcome at the front.
We then walked around the old town and found the 365 Calvary Steps. Once you reach the top of the steps, there is a tiny church built between 1795-99 which oversees the view of Pollensa. The church floor design is slightly elliptical with a semi-circular shape apse and a sculptured group of the crucified Christ with the Virgin at his feet, from the XIVth century.
Later, we travelled to Port de Sóller for more sightseeing. This is a beautiful village situated in one of Mallorca’s most beautiful horseshoe harbours. You are surrounded by the Tramuntana mountains scenery and a sea view. My brother-in-law even flew his drone and took some amazing footage!
Driving around in Palma was straightforward except you just have to adapt to the roads and the steering wheel being in the wrong direction! We later went to Deià for lunch and Banyalbufar to see the sunset! The scenery was just breathtaking and we all enjoyed checking it out! I will blog about our Palma trip when I have more time.
Did you know that Oreo is running The Great Oreo Cookie Quest with the chance of winning wonderfilled prizes, including a family trip to California till 31st May 2018? To take part, simply go in store, buy a promotional pack of Oreos and follow the instructions on the pack. Visit OreoQuest.com, scan your Oreo and enter your code to see if you have won any prizes! Good luck!
I am so thrilled that one of my followers who finds all 10 places where the ‘hidden’ Oreos in the blog post will get a chance to win a £100 Virgin Experience voucher! So good luck and enter through Gleam. It could be hidden in pictures or text etc.
- This #OreoCookieQuest Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. It is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), excluding employees and their families of the Promoter, its associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies and agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. Participants must be 18 years or over.
- Participants enter by stating all 10 places where Oreos are “hidden” in the blog post to be in with the chance of winning using the Gleam widget.
- One winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page. The winner will receive £100 Virgin Experience voucher.
- The winner will be notified via the email address. They have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method. The winner will be announced on this blog post.
- Prizes are administered separately from ET Speaks From Home. ET Speaks From Home, its partners and agents cannot be held responsible for problems related to fulfilment of prizes including non-delivery or substitution due to original prize being unavailable.
- The Promoter may vary or amend the promotion at its absolute discretion.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for technical difficulties which may result in emails not being received and therefore not eligible.
- The Promoter is ET Speaks From Home.
- Social Media with the hashtag(s) may be used in promotional materials for BritMums, Oreo and participating blogger sites, published on the BritMums, Oreo and participating blogger networks, used on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and other social media platforms and/or published in the BritMums, Oreo and participating blogger sites. Participation will be taken as agreement for use of material in this way.
- Events may occur that render the giveaway itself or the awarding of a prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Note: RESTRICTIONS OF PRIZE. Travel costs are not included.
- Your details will be passed to Oreo and BritMums, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 26/02/2018 12 am – 11/03/2018 11.59pm.
Disclosure: I’m working with Oreo and BritMums promoting the #OreoCookieQuest celebrating wonderfilled family moments and The Great Oreo Cookie Quest.