Cortex Challenge is a challenging brain-busting card game that everyone will love! It is suitable for aged 8 and above and for 2 to 6 players. It is available to buy from Esdevium store finder RRP £12.99 and Amazon.
The aim of the game is for all players to compete against each other using the eight different tests (memory, maze, colour, coordination, duplicates, frequency, reasoning and touch challenge) that exercise different brain functions. The first to win four brain pieces and complete their brain jigsaw is the winner.
Before you start your game, lay the 10 touch cards on the table and let everyone look and feel them for about 30 seconds. Then shuffle the touch cards and set it aside. Place the Test and Challenge cards and put them into a single stack, facing down. The youngest player starts by turning over the top card in the centre stack. Quickly look at the card and be the first to find the right answer by tapping on the card. If you guess it correct, you win the card. When you have two of the same, you can exchange them for a brain-twister piece. If you answer wrongly, you will miss the turn for the next round.
Out of the eight tests, I find that I score the worst for the memory test. I just can’t seem to remember all five items. The coordination test is also quite difficult! You need to place your correct fingers at the right area shown in the picture on your face while tapping the card with your other hand! The rest of the tests are very interesting. The tests stretched our brain to the max and we all enjoy playing it!
I would definitely recommend it, not only it is great fun for both young and old, it is also great value for money. It comes in a small and compact box which makes it a great game to take on your travels and also good for a birthday present!
Watch this video to see how we played it and what we think about it!
Now Esdevium Games Ltd is giving this Cortex Challenge worth £12.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends, if they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games Ltd, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games Ltd.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 20/03/2017 12 am – 24/04/2017 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.