Making your own sushi is a great way to get your children involved in making and eating healthy nutritious food. If you have read my Jamie Oliver Food Revolution post, you would probably know why it is so important to get children involved and pass your skills to them. It is a life skill and it will help them in the long run.
Mr K is a big fan of sushi and each time we go back to Singapore or have a Japanese meal, he always opts for a sushi dish. I am so pleased to learn that the leading UK-based Japanese food company, Yutaka, has created an authentic Sushi Starter Kit that contains all the basics you will need to create 12 delicious nori rolls.
The kit includes boil-in-the-bag sushi rice, seasoning, two nori sheets, ginger, soy sauce and a rolling mat together with illustrated instructions. All you need to add is your favourite fillings, be it cucumber, cream cheese, smoked salmon or whatever takes your fancy. We love prawn and egg!
We have also received a range of ingredients: black sesame, white sesame, wasabi, ginger, soy sauce, Shaoxin wine and rice vinegar to create these yummy and delicious nori rolls.
Mr K was happy to fill his rolls with plenty of cucumber, prawn and eggs! To finish, we also sprinkled some sesame seeds! The nori is tasty and crispy. When you added the rice, it will become soft and still very nice to eat. As well as being really tasty, it provides loads of essential nutrients, is packed with dietary fibre, improves bone and dental health, and is high in iron and rich in protein. The beauty of Yutaka’s ingredients is that they’re all made in the traditional way, which means they feature a lot less additives than other brands on the market.
Mr K also had fun rolling his sushi on the bamboo mat. He did overfill the fillings and most of the ingredients fell out! It didn’t take long for all of us to finish the sushi. It was especially delicious as we used all our favourite ingredients.
The Sushi Starter kits are available from Sainsbury’s and other good food retailers as well as online via Amazon.
If you are a big fan of Sushi, then don’t forget that this coming 18th June is International Sushi Day! Also Yutaka will have booth #F810 at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham 16-19 June. You can sign up for £10 classes with Sushi Chef (on the hour starting at 10 am until 5 pm) – take your sushi home and there are exclusive downloadable recipes and opportunity to win giveaways. There will be on-site sushi demonstrations, products available for purchase, and photo booth for Social Media prize drawing to win a year’s supply of Yutaka products.
Now Yutaka is giving a Sushi Kit for 2 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Yutaka, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Yutaka.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 29/05/2016 12 am – 29/06/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link. Image used with permission.