Over these last few months, I have been experimenting cheesecake bakes using different types of bases. From Oreos to digestive biscuits, to cheese crackers to chocolate biscuits. In this latest creation, I have used peanut cookie as the base. It requires blind baking for 15 minutes before adding the cheesecake. I didn’t want to detract from the flavour of the base hence I opted for plain cheesecake using soft cheese and mascarpone.
To make the peanut cookie base, you need:
- 100g fried peanuts, finely grinded
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 80g icing sugar, sifted
- 100g peanut oil
- Crunchy peanut butter spread
- Mix the fried peanuts, plain flour, icing sugar and peanut oil to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough into a spring-form tin and bake at 150°C for 15 minutes.
- Heat the peanut butter spread in the microwave for 30 seconds and spread it onto the cookie base (cold). Then place it in the fridge.
- 250g full fat soft cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Mix them all together and add them on to the cookie base.
- Place in the fridge for 2 – 4 hours before serving.
I made this for my Come Round party last week and they all loved it. The cookie base is slightly crumbly but when eaten with cheesecake, it is perfect! This Peanut Butter Cheesecake is quite easy to make except the peanut cookie dough takes a while to make. I would definitely recommend giving it a try!