Need a quick fix for your cookie cravings? You need this quick and simple recipe from 150 Fast & Simple Recipes book from Parragon! This beautiful little book offers 150 easy-to-follow recipes from light bites like Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup, to more adventurous dishes, such as Salt & Pepper Squid. This small hardback book is available to buy from Amazon and good book retailers. Please do note that this book is pocket size, so all the wordings and photos are quite small! It is very well written and all the recipes look delicious! Best of all, this book is very affordable at RRP £3.
- 115g butter
- 125 caster sugar
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- Place the butter and sugars in a large bowl and whisk together until pale and creamy.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract into the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, and beat together until well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop 12 large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them well apart. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180°
- Leave to cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks and leave to cool.
This is super easy to make. My only difficulty was dividing up the proportions correctly. So I ended up with different shapes and sizes. Also I should have slightly flatten the cookies rather than letting them sit tall. My cookies ended up quite big and chunky! They are delicious though and my family love them!
Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher for free. However, they have not paid me for this review, and they do not exercise any editorial control over my review or anything else on this site. Contains Amazon affiliate link.