Thanks to Nick Jr and UKMumstv who shared this tutorial on how to make a Ben Elf Hat. My daughter complained why I didn’t make a girl elf hat. To make a girl elf hat, you just need to add a pink flower instead of a green leaf.
To make the hat, you will need:
- Blue and green card
- A big plate (to use as a template)
- Pencil & green felt tip pen
- Red pompoms
- Sticky tape
- Thin elastic (to secure the hat)
- Place half of the plate onto the card and trace around it to create a semi-circle with a flat edge.
- Cut out the semi-circle. Take one edge and wrap the card to make a cone shape. Using sticky tape, stick the cone together.
- Take the green card and draw a holly leaf. Cut it out and stick it on to your hat.
- To add berries to the holly, glue red pompoms onto the hat at the bottom of the leaf.
- Take the thin elastic and stick the ends to opposite sides of the hat.