Need an easy and quick DIY craft with older children? You will definitely love this myStyle Super Loop Bands! They are not only for girls! My son who is six years old, which is slightly younger than the recommended age 8 – 12, was able to create his own loop bands with minimal help! My son loves them and so does my 4 year old daughter!
Before I opened the box, I had at the back of my mind that this would be a huge challenge as it looks complicated! Much to my surprise, this is a delightfully simple craft. Even my six year old was able to do so!
Inside this box, there are 125 colourful silicone loops (pink, purple, yellow, orange and blue), 5 metal S clasps and an instruction manual. It will allow you to create up to five bracelets.
The vibrant loops are made from silicone and should be safe for latex allergy sufferer.
How to make a super loop band?
- Before you start, choose 20 – 25 loops. Both children laid their chosen pattern on the table neatly so that they don’t miss out any colours!
- Take one S clasp.
- Take a loop and squeeze it between your fingers.
- Thread the loop into the S clasp and curl it into a C shape. Once it curls, it stays curled and it’s easy to curl the next one!
- Take a loop and repeat steps 3 and 4 to the loop which you attached to the clasp.
- Continue to add loops to your bracelet until it fits around your wrist. Both of my children have small wrists and they need 23 – 25 loops. The loops are very stretchable. As for me, I need at least 28 loops to feel comfortable.
- To finish your bracelet, attach the last loop to the other end of the S clasp.
It didn’t take too long to make them at all. Each bracelet took me about 3 – 5 minutes. It took my son about 5 – 10 minutes to make one for himself.
A nice feature of this craft is that if you are bored of your bracelet, you could take it all off and redesign it again. They make such a great gift for both genders. These bands are great for everyday use as they are soft and smooth to wear.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.