Both of my children will be at school in September, starting reception and Year 1, and they already have a lot of friend’s/classmate’s birthday parties, activities and there are appointments too. This Big Family School Year Diary has come just in time! With only 3 days left until August, it is time to get organised. This book is dated for 13 months from 1st August 2013 through to the 31st August 2014.
It measures 24cm by 19cm with 176 pages and it is about the size of my iPad 2. It comes in three colours: raspberry, blackberry and peppermint. The one I have for review is the peppermint which is turquoise-like in colour. It has a thin hardback cover with rounded corners, elastic strap to keep the book together and a pen loop. On the front cover, it is imprinted with the date in a silver font which is the new thing they have added this year.
There are six sections included:
- Important: Fill in your information plus dad’s and up to five children, pocket money record and date to remember.
- Need to know: Contains conversion charts and other useful facts. It is also the section where you can capture various phone numbers and other useful info.
- Our Plans: This is an overview of your family plans until August 2015, and also where you can fill in a summary of your travel plans.
- Our Week: This only contains two pages each for the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms.
- The Week: This is the double page grid spread out for the week.
- Notes: This is where you write your notes.
It comes with 2 grosgrain ribbons which allows you to pin not one page but two different pages, which I think is really useful as you use the different sections of the diary. It also comes with a gusset pocket on the inside back cover which allow you to put any relevant, important pieces of paper. Sorted! Personally, I really love this diary as it has so many useful pages and it is geared towards the busy mom. It is well made, chic and light to carry it out. The downside for me is that the spacing between the lines are quite small for me as my handwriting is quite big. So I have to write onto two lines instead. I rate this 4 stars out of 5. For more information, visit http://www.mumsoffice.co.uk
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own.