Last Saturday, I attended the Tots100 Blog Summit in Birmingham. I only knew some of the attendees from their online personae before the event so it was lovely to meet this community of bloggers face to face. It was through Twitter that I found Annie Spratt. She had organised a meet up at the train station. When I reached the station, it was not hard to spot the whole group of bloggers standing in front of the information counter. Annie had her head down and tweeted. She then mentioned to the group, ET Speaks From Home should be coming soon! This is how I meet this amazing lady!
This is an article by Tots100 about the blog summit highlight: http://www.tots100.co.uk/2013/05/13/blog-summit-birmingham-what-did-you-miss/
What have I learnt from attending Tots100 Blog Summit?
- Building Friendships: I was amazed at just how many inspirational bloggers are out there and everyone were all so approachable and friendly.
- SEO: I have to stop worrying and just blog, providing it is legal of course.
- Food photography: be creative and make sure you have plenty of natural light to create a better photo.
- Travel blogging: the pros and cons of a travel blogger. I have a better understanding of how to be more creative in my blog posts by trying to tell a story.
- The Brand Panel: In September 2012, both of my children went to London for a photo shoot for Argos China. I was shocked to find out that they closed down Argos within 2 months after they launched. It means I won’t be able to get any catalogue or photo images from them. I was so glad to meet Dan from Argos and tell him my request! I would like to have a copy of the image or at least take at look at it. I sent him an email and hope he could get back to me asap.
- How to be brilliant: Andy Cope is such a lovely gentleman and I will always remember to wake up and be happy that I do not have toothache. Be happy and stop moaning!
Before we left, we were all given asked to pick out an envelope. I picked Nayna Kanabar. Her blog is http://www.simplysensationalfood.com I was suppose to do a guest blog for her. And Love All Blogs Annie had picked me to do a guest blog! I’m so excited to have two great bloggers to hold my hands and tell the world about my blog! Thanks to Tots100 for these amazing opportunities.