The brand new cookbook Real Bento is out today! This time-saving book is packed with a collection of family-friendly, easy and inexpensive recipes used and honed over many years by Japanese working mum Kanae Inoue. This book is published by Tuttle Publishing and is available to buy now via good book retailers and Amazon.
Are you looking for a quick, easy, healthy and economical meal for you or your loved one? If you like Japanese food just like I do, then this is the book for you. This book shows you time-saving tricks that allow you to make bento box lunches each morning in just 10 minutes, using ingredients and recipes that will satisfy the whole family. The recipes are presented by flavour type and key ingredient, so it is easy for parents to find dishes their kids will love or perhaps you can use the recipes to make it for your elderly neighbour who might be in isolation due to COVID-19 right now.
Inside this book, there are 200 recipes, divided into main dishes and sides for 22 complete bento boxes. Most of the ingredients and sauces can easily be found from big supermarkets in their World/Asian continent section or a Chinatown supermarket. There are a few ingredients, like mentsuyu sauce, yukari shiso salt, that you might have to get via specialist Japanese food shops.
What I like about this book is that her recipes are very easy to make and are not very complicated. Most importantly, I can get most of the ingredients via our big local supermarket. There are lots of colourful photos of delicious-looking dishes with step-by-step instructions. Not only that, but she also teaches you how to style your bento to look and taste great when presented together. This beginner bento book is a perfect tool for getting lunch/dinner packed and a family out the door on a busy morning! I would recommend it!
Thanks to Tuttle publishing who has sent me an extra copy for my followers. With the current condition due to COVID-19, this competition will last a lot longer than usual. I do hope by June, the conditions will be better for me to go out there to post it through! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaway!
Real Bento Book Review & Giveaway
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ET Speaks From Home.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 07/04/2020 12 am – 07/06/2020 11.59pm.
Disclosure: I received this sample from the publisher for free. However, they have not paid me for this review, and they do not exercise any editorial control over my review or anything else on this site. We have included an Amazon affiliate link to the product. If you click on this and buy, we may earn a small commission.