Now you can race head-to-head with the Angry Birds Red against King Mudbeard Leonard via this Angry Birds Island Challenge slot car set. It comes with variable speed hand-controllers that puts your skills to the test! This is suitable for aged six and above.
This set consists of different sized pieces of track that slot together to create a figure of eight, with six track supports that lift up the piece of track for a bridge and two beautiful article fences. It comes with two slot cars in red (Angry Birds Red) and green (King Mudbeard Leonard), with matching adjustable power hand-controllers which plug into the control unit on one piece of the track. There are also spare guide keels, instructions and a cardboard Eagle Mountain. The cardboard Eagle Mountain is part of the box and to be honest, I won’t be cutting it out to use it for the scene as it will make storing the items back in the box very difficult.
The set requires eight AA batteries to operate, which are not included. There is no option for you to convert the set to use the mains. So make sure you have plenty of batteries around!
There are 12 pieces of track to connect together. I really dislike fixing and dismantling the pieces as it can be quite difficult. We found it best to do it with two people by wiggling it off. The pieces of track are very durable though which does make it easier.
Placing the track supports is quite challenging for us as we keep having to go back and readjust its height. There are four parts to place for one track support which I think could be better designed. Why couldn’t it just come as one single unit?
Once the track is set up with track supports, you can now connect the handsets to its allocated points. Next, place the cars onto the track and you are ready to go.
The hand controller trigger controls the speed of the car. The more you squeeze the trigger the faster the car will go. Try to slow down for the bends by releasing the trigger. We all struggled to control our cars and as a result, they kept flying off track! We need a lot more practise!
I like that the set comes with spare guide keel for you to repair your car. Also, the instructions are very self-explanatory with good illustrations. Slot car racing sets can help with are hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity, risk-reward thinking, face-to-face interaction, three dimensional and motor skill development. This Angry Birds Island Challenge Slot Car is available to buy from good toy retailers and Amazon.
Now I have one Angry Birds Island Challenge Slot Car for one of my followers to win! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaway!
Angry Birds Island Challenge Slot Car
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ET Speaks From Home.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 11/09/2019 12 am – 20/10/2019 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own. We have included an Amazon affiliate link to the product. If you click on this and buy, we may earn a small commission.