In Chinese culture, fish is considered a lucky symbol as it is associated with surplus or abundance. Many people who practise feng shui will have exactly nine fishes in the tank or pond, not more and not less. The reason is number nine is the most auspicious number which symbolizes your wealth having a long life span. Even at Chinese New Year, we will have a dish of steamed fish as it represents long life. Through this Origami Fish & Other Sea Creatures kit, you can now create your very own feng shui fish craft!
This kit comes with 20 delightfully fishy designs by some of the world’s most famous origami artists including Robert Lang, John Montroll, Marc Kirschenbaum, Steven Palmer, Rob Snyder, Viviane Berty and many others. The book’s diagrams and instructions accompanied with the step-by-step videos are detailed enough for even origami beginners to have the guidance needed to create a virtual aquarium full of beautiful paper fish.
There are 60 two-sided 17 cm by 17 cm sheets of colourful patterned origami papers included. I love the prints on the sheets. They are stunning and will make lots of amazing fish and sea creatures!
Firstly, I started off with the bubblefish without using the video and it is very easy to achieve. The step-by-step instructions are very clear.
Then I tried the clownfish craft which is also the same difficulty as the bubblefish. I struggled slightly and had to watch the video to help me fold some parts of the crafts. Once complete, the clownfish looks awesome! There are so many designs to make but they can become very difficult to make! Luckily, there are videos we can follow! I hope in no time, I can make Koi Carp and make my own feng shui fish tank! I love origami and learning about the art of paper folding! If you also love to do crafts, then why not get this kit from Tuttle Publishing, online or on Amazon. Do check out our review on Origami Games for Kids and Super Cute Origami.
Now I have a spare set of Origami Fish & Other Sea Creatures worth £12.99 to giveaway to one of my readers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to ET Speaks From Home, but will not be passed onto any third parties.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from ET Speaks From Home.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 10/04/2019 12 am – 13/05/2019 11.59pm.
Disclosure: I received this set from the publisher for free. However, they have not paid me for this review, and they do not exercise any editorial control over my review or anything else on this site. We have included an Amazon affiliate link to the product. If you click on this and buy, we may earn a small commission.