The Gangsta Granny Stash the Swag board game is a fun and engaging game starring the characters from David Walliams’ award-winning book, Gangsta Granny. This game encourages strategic thinking and is suitable for children aged seven and above. It is for two to four players.
The background story to Gangsta Granny’s book is that Ben hates having to stay with his Granny every Friday because his parents have a night out and his granny always serve him boring food. One day, granny overheard Ben’s conversation with his parents and was very upset and disappointed thinking that her grandson doesn’t love her. Nevertheless, that same morning, Ben discovered an unusual tin that contains diamonds, rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings! The not so boring granny is now recruiting Ben for an adventure of his lifetime.
The game is presented in a tin, just like the one mentioned in the book. It is also a great way to ensure the contents are kept safe! It comes with a game board, four Granny & Ben play pieces, Queen play piece, 24 Jewel tokens and two dice.
The aim of the game is to collect all the letter ‘jewels’ to spell out the word GANGSTA but watch out because the Queen is on the prowl and if you get caught by the Queen before stashing your jewels, they all have to be returned!
The game is easy to set up. Place the Granny & Ben play pieces on the start and Queen on her start position. Each player moves by rolling both dice and moving the number on the white dots die themselves and the number on the black dots die for the Queen. Players that lands on the top of the board (with yellow arrows) are allowed to enter the ‘Jewel House’ to stash their own coloured Jewels. Players then keep the Jewel on their play pieces’ pocket till they pass the swag bag and they can put it safely on the appropriate letter in the word Gangsta of their own colours. To win the game, players have to collect all their own colour jewels to complete the word ‘Gangsta’.
We love the concept of the game where Ben and his Granny go on a journey across London to steal the Crown Jewels! This game definitely helps bring the story of Gangsta Granny to life. We find it fun and easy to play. It is definitely a game that all the family will enjoy and will bring out the competitive nature in us all. It is available to buy from good retailers, online and Amazon.
Now Paul Lamond is giving this The Gangsta Granny Board Game worth £19.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
The Gangsta Granny Board Game
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Paul Lamond, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Paul Lamond.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- By entering, you are agreeing that your forename and last initial (Facebook profile) can be shared on the Gleam application if you are drawn as the winner.
- Competition starts on 09/03/2019 12 am – 11/04/2019 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review, however, all thoughts and opinions remain our own. We have included an Amazon affiliate link to the product. If you click on this and buy, we may earn a small commission.