In Celestia, you board an aircraft with a team of adventurers to perform many trips through the nine cities of Celestia and recover their wonderful treasures. During your trips, you and the rest of the adventurers will face threatening storms, lightning, Lockhars pirates, Damok-birds and many more challenges!
The game is suitable for aged eight and above, and is for two to six players. It makes a nice party game or travel game as it’s compact and fun to play together! It is available to buy from Esdevium store finder RRP £20.99 and Amazon.
Inside the box, it comes with 1 aircraft, 6 playing pieces with tiles, 9 oval ‘City’ tiles, 4 dice, 68 Equipment cards, 78 Treasure cards and instructions.
To play the game, start by placing the 9 ‘City’ tiles in ascending order and place treasure cards to the ‘City’ tiles. All players place their pawns within the aircraft on the first ‘City’.
For beginners, you can remove the ‘Power’ cards from the equipment cards and Magic spyglass from the Treasure cards as shown on the picture below.
Each player starts the game with six cards in their hand (or eight cards for 2-3 players). One player is chosen to be the captain of the trip and he/she rolls 2-4 dice to discover the challenges that they will face: fog, lightning bolts, killer birds, or pirates. He/she must then play the appropriate cards – a compass, a lightning arrester, a foghorn, or even cannons – to continue on the journey and reach the next city.
But before the captain plays the appropriate cards, each player must decide whether to stay within the aircraft or exit to the city. If you exit, you’re guaranteed the victory points that come from exploring the current city. If you stay on board, you hope to make it to the next city in order to catch more precious treasures. If the captain can’t overcome the challenge, though, everyone comes crashing down empty-handed and you’ll need to begin a new trip with all passengers on board.
For expert level, each adventurer can try to pull out of the game with fabulous objects (a jetpack, astronomy glasses, etc.) or by changing the trip (modifying the travel or abandoning an explorer in the city).
As soon as a player earns treasure worth at least fifty points, the game ends and this player wins.
In my video, I explain how to set up and play the game. Do check it out.
We all enjoy this game and find the concept very interesting. We love to travel to city to city and to decide whether to entrust our passage to our fellow captains or disembark. This is definitely very different from the usual board games out there. I would definitely recommend them.
Now Esdevium Games is giving this Celestia game worth £20.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Esdevium Games, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Esdevium Games.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 23/06/2017 12 am – 31/07/2017 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate link.