This was our first official visit to Thorpe Park as their Blogger Ambassador for 2017. We are so excited to share their May Madness news to our readers. This month they are doing tons of awesome activities to celebrate their Annual Passholders! Of course, if you are not their annual passholder, you could ask for an upgrade to participate in their activities!
The park is situated between the towns of Chertsey and Staines, Surrey and with over 30 rides and attractions all within 20 miles of Central London. Thorpe Park is a member of Merlin. Now is your best time to visit them as they are open until 1st November 2017.
Here is what’s happening:
Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon Exclusive Pop Badge
Today till 26th of May, show them your Annual Pass and you will receive a limited edition Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon pop badge.
Kids Eat Free
Head down after school for an exhilarating dinner with your children by buying any full priced adult restaurant meal, show your Annual Pass and kids eats free! One full paying adult meal with relevant Annual Pass discount is required for one free children’s meal. There is only one meal per adult.
Limited Edition Pop Badges
To celebrate the opening of Timber Tug Boat, they are giving away limited edition pop badges from today till 26th of May.
Bring a friend for £17.50
If you are a Thorpe Park Annual Pass holder, you can now bring a friend with you for just £17.50! Just present your pass at the gates and receive your discounted friend rate!
As part of their Blogger Ambassador 2017, we also had an overnight stay at their Thorpe Shark Hotel! Last week was Ms C’s birthday, so decided to celebrate with the Thorpe Park visit. Before we went, we did read reviews about their hotel so we knew what to expect. Basically, the hotel is a converted metal container. Although it is tiny, it is very cosy and has everything under one roof. The space is well planned with lot of storage and well decorated with their shark theme. It is truly unique. The room has plenty of mirrors too to make the room look more spacious. I was quite worried that the walls would be quite thin but we were fine with the noise. It is only when people walked past our door outside that you can hear the metal creaking. Otherwise we had a good night’s sleep and also the beds were very comfortable.
There is also free Wi-Fi, television with interactive apps, air conditioning, fast track until 11am, free buffet breakfast and unlimited tea and coffee.
Thorpe Park is packed with lots of adrenaline rides that will appeal to many thrill seekers. Both of my young children are not very adventurous so we went on the gentler rides like Storm Surge, Rocky Express, Timber Tug Boat, Storm in a Teacup, Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride, King Pig’s Wild Hog Dodgems and Angry Bird 4D experience. Mr C went on the Derren Brown’s Ghost Train and Nemesis Inferno on his own.
Have you heard that their Derren Brown’s Ghost Train has opened now? It is one of the great reasons for you to book your tickets and go now! Take your one way ticket on this Ghost Train into the chilling depths of the unknown. The ground-breaking psychological attraction, which launched in 2016, merged five experiences: Grand Illusion, Live Action, Virtual Reality, Special Effects and Movement. This ride was purpose built for updates, meaning the experience can continuously be upgraded and changed via the Virtual Reality. It is not suitable for those under the age of 13, those who suffer from motion sickness, dizziness, psychological or neurological disorders. It is definitely worth a visit! For more information or book a ticket, please visit Thorpe Park.
Now Thorpe Park is giving a family pass to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- The THORPE PARK RESORT competition with ET SPEAKS FROM HOME requires that you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions of use. The winner must be in accordance with the regulations of THORPE PARK Resort, a copy of which is displayed at the attraction or can be obtained online at www.thorpepark.com. Please ensure that you agree to be bound by the regulations before redeeming your prize.
- ET SPEAKS FROM HOME will pick the winner who will receive a family pass to THORPE PARK Resort.
- ET SPEAKS FROM HOME will forward the competition winner’s details to THORPE PARK Resort.
- 1. The prize promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except:
a) Any employees of the Merlin Entertainments Group or members of their immediate families;
b) Any employees or representatives of any agencies, suppliers or third parties associated with any attractions in the Merlin Entertainments Group; or
c) If you are not over 18 and win please ensure your parent or guardian get in touch with us to claim the prize.
- The winner will receive a family pass to THORPE PARK Resort which can be used from: 23rd March – 2nd November. Tickets do not allow entry into the resort for the FRIGHT NIGHTS special event. Terms and conditions apply please visit www.thorpepark.co.uk.
- The winner will be announced by ET SPEAKS FROM HOME on their date of choice.
- Reasonable efforts by ET SPEAKS FROM HOME will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, ET SPEAKS FROM HOME reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered, unless specifically agreed by THORPE PARK Resort. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, concession or online/call centre booking. THORPE PARK Resort reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of the same or greater value at any time.
- THORPE PARK Resort and ET SPEAKS FROM HOME will not use the winner’s details for marketing purposes unless they have opted in to receive such information.
- THORPE PARK Resort and ET SPEAKS FROM HOME may contact the competition winner post-visit for feedback purposes.
- THORPE PARK Resort and ET SPEAKS FROM HOME cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by the winner or as a result of accepting the prize.
- The winner is responsible for any expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel arrangements, costs, travel documentation or meals.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and they will co-operate with any other reasonable request by THORPE PARK Resort relating to any post-winning publicity including all social channels.
- THORPE PARK Resort’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Merlin reserves the right to alter theses terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- Competition starts on 22/05/2017 12 am – 22/06/2017 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We are part of the Thorpe Park Resort Island Ambassador 2017. Media images from the website.