Story Stars are soft cuddly creatures that can read your child stories of their exciting adventures, sing calming relaxing melodies, playback your own personalised recorded messages and project a colourful night sky onto the ceiling. There are five creatures to collect: Toby Tales (Monstersaur), Teddi Tales (Bear), Luby Lullaby (Mermaid), Kori Story (Monkey) and Freddie Fable (Explorer).
All the content is controlled through the Story Stars free app available on Android and Apple devices. It is currently compatible with iPad Mini 2/3, iPad 3/4/Air 1/Air 2, iPhone 4s/5/5s/6/6s, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro/4/Note 3/Note 10.1/ S6/S5/S4, Google Nexus 5/6, oneplusone, LG G3, LG V480 and HTC One (M9). The creatures require two AA batteries which are not included.
The app allows you to build tailored playlists composed of personalised messages, stories and melodies. When you first start the app, it will ask you to sign in with your email address and details and to agree with their terms and conditions. The app also allows you to record personalised messages. There are a list of 11 free stories and 10 melodies for you to select to upload into the toys. But do remember to adjust the volume in the app before you upload the playlist across. The first time I did it, I had the volume on full and it was really loud. I had to redo the playlist again with the adjusted volume. The playlists are uploaded to the Story Star via Bluetooth which will take a while. I uploaded nine melodies over and it took around 15-20 minutes. Once uploaded, your smart device can be switched off and put away due to an in-built memory within the Story Star.
In my video, I demonstrate how to use the app and show you the nightlight:
Now children can listen to your playlist as many times as they want or see the colourful night light by simply pressing the button on the Story Stars stomach and watch as they come to life. After 20 minutes the night light automatically turns off.
My children adore these Story Stars, especially the nightlight. They like that the lights project on the ceiling. It did distract them from sleeping but it is a lovely feature for children who are afraid of sleeping alone. The creatures are soft to hug and it’s nice to be able to record a personalised message to tell them to go to bed!
For more information about Story Stars, please visit, http://toysalive.com/storystars/. It is available to buy from Smyths, good toy shops and Amazon.
Here are the Story Stars available to buy from Amazon:
Now Mookie Toys are giving one of the Story Stars worth £29.99 to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Mookie Toys, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Mookie Toys.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value and random colour if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 02/08/2016 12 am – 13/09/2016 11.59pm.
Disclosure: We received the sample for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. Contains Amazon affiliate links.