Letts are expanding their Wild About range workbooks to cover pre-school, KS1 and KS2. This range is written by teachers to help support the development of key skills at home. It is matched to the National Curriculum and takes children on an adventure, where they will practise key English and Maths skills and learn amazing animals’ facts along the way.
All the pages are packed with beautiful wildlife photography, fun animal facts and contain many puzzles. We have received the Age 7-9 English Grammar & Punctuation and Age 8-9 Maths workbooks.
Looking through the Age 7-9 English Grammar & Punctuation workbook, I love how it breaks down into different topics. It starts off with simple sentences, followed by learning about nouns and other grammatical terms. It takes the children back to the basics before building the step-by-step of learning the grammar and punctuation. This definitely helps Ms C to build up her confidence and revise the basics. I also like that the explanations and examples help her to learn more easily. Of course, besides learning the Basic English language, we also learnt about different wildlife in this book! Ms C is enjoying learning it but there are some creepy crawly animals that she finds scary. She is not a fan of insects or weird animals! There is also an explorer’s logbook where you record the animals that you have seen and the skills that you have learned.
Next we have the Age 8-9 Maths workbook. Again, it breaks down into different sections with a lot of interesting activities to practise. The overall format is the same as the one above. From learning place values to subtraction, multiplication to division and many more. Mr K was able to do some of the topics by himself and occasionally he need my help to guide him through. I myself struggled with some parts and had to peek at the answer to help him! Together, we learnt something new!
The range of workbooks are easy to follow and provides good, clear explanations. I love that this range is unique and engaging, unlike those boring plain white workbooks with no illustrations. This helps us improve our knowledge of wild animals too!
For more information on the Letts range of Wild about workbooks, visit their website wildaboutmathsandenglish.co.uk to discover lots of wild facts, puzzles, competitions and more.
Now Letts is giving a set of five Letts Wild About workbooks tailored to the age of your child to one of my followers! So good luck and enter through Gleam! Also, remember to check out the rest of my giveaways!
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Gleam and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 3 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Letts, but will not be passed onto any third parties by ET Speaks From Home.
- The prize (a set of 5 Wild About workbooks) will be sent directly to the winner from Letts.
- Delivery is not in the hands of ET Speaks From Home’s Blog and may take some time to arrive.
- Any damage to the prize is not ET Speaks From Home’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- Competition starts on 01/07/2016 12 am – 01/08/2016 59pm.
Disclosure: We received the samples for the purposes of writing this review however all thoughts and opinions remain our own. This is a featured post.