I am so thrilled to join in Multicultural Kids Blogs’ first annual series on Chinese New Year. Today I am sharing this Chinese New Year spiral craft. This spiral craft is great for decoration for teaching your children to recognise the Chinese New Year auspicious words. This is very simple to make.
If you would like to learn other Chinese New Year’s crafts, do check out my Pinterest board for more ideas.
To make this craft, you need:
- 90 grams A4 size card
- Ang pow packets
- Big bowl/plate
- Clear string
- Double sided tape
- Pencil & Pen knife
- Place the bowl or plate on the card and draw a circle. Cut the circle out.
- Begin cutting from the outer edge towards the centre to make a spiral.
- Prick a hole in the middle of the spiral using the pen knife and thread the clear string. Make a loop and tie a knot.
- To make the spiral more secure, thread the clear string supports between the spiral layers.
- Cut out the Chinese characters from the ang pow packets and stick them on the spiral. If you don’t have any red packets, you could print off the words or write it directly on to the spiral using a marker pen.