Mr K is a huge fan of Skylanders and with the new additional, Trap Team, our collection is getting bigger and bigger. Early last month, his aunty bought him the Trap Team kit for his birthday. Yesterday, we were sent this fun Christmas kit to create our very own Skylanders Christmas snow globe.
The instructions to make this snow globe is very easy to follow. You will need clean water. If you prefer to have a different character for your snow globe, just print them out from the internet and laminate it. Or you could just stick one of the real characters inside the jar, assuming you don’t want to play with that character any more.
- Clean jar with a screw top lid
- Skylanders characters to cut out
- White tac
- Laminating cards
- Take your chosen character, cut it out and place it at the bottom of the laminate card. Peel back the sticker and carefully stick it together before cutting around the character, leaving plastic around the edges to ensure water doesn’t get in.
- Take the lid off the jar and place it top down on a table. Place the white tac in the middle of the jar lid and stick the laminate character onto the white tac.
- Fill the jar with water, almost to the top, and then add glitter.
- This step is optional but if you have any glycerine, add 2-3 teaspoons to your water to help slow the process of the glitter falling to the bottom in true globe fashion.
- Now place the lid on the top of the jar, tighten it and give a good shake. This is a very beautiful Skylanders snow globe.
As I mentioned that you need not need to use Skylanders to make a snow globe, you could use any character as long as you have the laminating cards and a clean jar. Ms C is here used her Maped Flex box colour peps to draw her own characters. This lovely flex box comes with a flexi body which converts into a smaller container while using it. It makes it easy to pick up the pencils even when they have been sharpened down in size. The coloured pencils are made from soft, resistant lead with wood that are easy to sharpen and does not splinter. The triangular shape is for better grip and is easier and more comfortable for younger children to use. This is such a lovely idea!
Disclosure: We have received the samples to do these activities.